Commercial Support by SchedMD
SchedMD only provides Level III commercial support for Slurm.
SchedMD defines support at three different levels:
Level I Support includes activities performed in response to an initial notification or awareness of a suspected problem. Required actions are:
- Problem and/or bug validation as a Slurm related issue;
- Review of a symptoms/solutions database for known resolutions;
- Research to determine whether problem already exists and is reported in a Slurm issue tracking database;
- Logging of validated problems into the issue tracking database hosted by contractor;
- Ensuring that the issue tracking entry provides a complete and well-described report of the problem including the assigned level of support working on the problem and its severity;
- Follow-up interactions with the reporter of the problem and best efforts to achieve its resolution.
Level II Support includes activities performed following the completion of Level I support activities if resolution is not achieved during Level I support. Required actions are:
- Make best efforts to reproduce and diagnose the problem;
- Make best efforts to resolve or reduce severity of the problems by introducing a work-around, patch or code correction;
- Validate any fixes made by conducting regression testing; and
- Communicate steps of action or resolution along with any code changes and testing results in the issue-tracking database hosted by contractor.
Level III Support includes activities following the completion of activities from Level I and II support without successful resolution of the problem. Required actions are:
- Supply successful problem resolution where problem is reproducible;
- Validate any fixes made by conducting regression testing;
- Develop additional test cases, where applicable, as a result of discovery of root cause;
- Communicate steps of action or resolution along with any code changes and testing results in the issue tracking database hosted by Contractor; and
- Submit final resolution to the customer and include in the Slurm tree.
When submitting a request for support there are four severity levels available to SchedMD customers:
Severity 1 — Major ImpactA Severity 1 issue occurs when there is a continued system outage that affects a large set of end users. The system is down and non-functional due to Slurm problem(s) and no procedural workaround exists.
Severity 2 — High ImpactA Severity 2 issue is a high-impact problem that is causing sporadic outages or is consistently encountered by end users with adverse impact to end user interaction with the system.
Severity 3 — Medium ImpactA Severity 3 issue is a medium-to-low impact problem that includes partial non-critical loss of system access or which impairs some operations on the system but allows the end user to continue to function on the system with workarounds.
Severity 4 — Minor IssuesA Severity 4 issue is a minor issue with limited or no loss in functionality within the customer environment. Severity 4 issues may also be used for recommendations for future product enhancements or modifications.